Red wine, Rioja D.O.C
Solar de Mendieta Cuvée Especial
CHF27.00 Regular Price
Excluding Sales Tax
- VARIETY: 100% Tempranillo
- VINEYARDS: Propietary vineyard in Labastida called La Llana. Alluvial soil. Sandy, poor soils, with good drainage, permeability and easy viticulture work. Rests of gravel and rounded stones. Altitude: 460m. Organic fertilization. Number of Hcts.: 10. Environmental integrated agriculture cultivation. Year of plantation: 1980.
- ELABORATION: Traditional elaboration, 100% de-stemmed. Malolactic fermentation in barrel. Aged 12 months in Bordelaise barrels of French oak (85%), American oak (15%) and new barrel (40%).
- ALCHOHOL CONTENT: 14% vol.
- TASTING NOTES: Fairly dark cherry. Elegant nose, fine toasty notes of oak (cocoa and coffee), ripe fruit and licoric flavours. Elegant palate, with firm tannins of oak and fruit well integrated, flavoursome, good fruity and varietal expression.
- DRINKING TEMPERATURES: 16-18°C